Monday, May 07, 2007

What would AJ do?

Before I dive into this week's subject, let me tell you about something that I thought about on my way home. Thanks to our yearly objectives setting, I started thinking where I wanted to be in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years....then I started thinking about something a bit more dire. As in, how would I want people to remember me. So, let it be said that he lived, he laughed, he loved, but most of all, he tried.

Now, back to our question of the week. Dreamgirls the DVD came out last week and wouldn't it be a collector's dilemma. Let me rattle them off:
(a) There is the single-disc edition for 21.99.
(b) Then there is the 2-disc showstopper edition, which is really (a) plus a bonus disc of more special features for 25.99.
(c) Then there is the 3-disc limited edition for 28.99 which is really (b) plus yet another bonus disc of extras.
(d) The infamous Wal-mart edition which is the single-disc edition plus a bonus CD of club remixes of 7 songs from the movie. This for 28.99.
(e) And there are rumours of an extended edition to be out at Christmas (which looks to be integrating all the deleted scenes already available in (a)).

So.....what would AJ do?

1 comment:

Marcia said...

The old AJ would buy the first edition available.

The he would buy the Limited Edition when it came out and sell the original version on ebay or a DVD shop for a fraction of the purchase price.

The new AJ will wait for the Limited Edition version...just a guess

A bit of house-cleaning

So I've decided to do a little bit of refresh on my blog, seeing as technology has improved a little bit since my last post. As for my ...