Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pellet Reviews: Megamind

Megamind is the titular hero (or villain in this case) of the movie, which takes a few of the superhero conventions and turns them on their collective heads. Megamind is the nemesis of Metro Man (read: Superman) who is the guardian of Metro City (read: Metropolis). They've been at it since the day their ships landed on good ol' planet Earth, until one day....well, the movie tries to answer the question, "What happens when the bad guy gets what he wants?"

I did enjoy the movie quite a bit, and enjoyed the workout that it gave my home theatre system. There were also a few comic book references that popped up here and there, which may lose some of those who may not be geeks like me ("Hal Stewart" anyone?). But that should not detract from anyone else enjoying the movie.

You may need to speak with your little ones after, though - they may start to think that being a supervillain is cool. But they may have megafun with this one.

No comments:

A bit of house-cleaning

So I've decided to do a little bit of refresh on my blog, seeing as technology has improved a little bit since my last post. As for my ...