Saturday, December 02, 2006

Oh, how the mighty.....

There was a time when I had lead roles in community theatre (one of which was a musical to boot!)......but now, I can see it on my resume: "Professional Plant". I've done this once for a certain awards show and now for a play (both of which will remain unnamed or else it will spoil the illusion should people google them on the web). Oh well, I'm still waiting for that McDonald's moment...you know, like when this famous Filipino actor was discovered working in McDonald's and has since catapaulted into Filipino superstardom. (Of course, granted I'll never have the looks or the body to go with it, but I'm sure there must be a role for an average-looking Filipino guy somewhere!).

I've finally finished putting up our Christmas decorations! Someday I'll be able to post pictures but suffice it to say it looks nice. Take my word for it. Finally got the two things I really wanted - a Filipino parol (lantern) and reindeer! Yes - one of them moves!!

Puppy comes in one week. One week!!! I can't wait to for Finnegan to make himself at home. I just feel bad for those nice leather slippers that my hubby gave me a few Christmases ago......

Well, it's a lazy Saturday. I'm gonna do some comic book sorting then head on out for my coz Alvin's birthday and my niece Valerie as well. My, has she grown. Check this link out: www.valerie-rodriguez.com.

On more materialistic matters:
- Sold some anime box sets on eBay
- Saved $100 on the Six Feet Under box set by getting it from deepdiscoutdvd.com, so I returned my box to HMV and spent the savings on.....
- A limited edition Da Vinci Code DVD box set from Amazon Japan (I know, Mr. Hanks was somewhat wooden in this one, but at least I get the extended edition for 25 more minutes for Tom Hanks fun)
- And finally spent the remainder of my mad money and gift cards I got for my birthday on the limited edition Alias DVD box set.
- Oh, yeah...I spent the last of my Chapters gift cards (thank you Air Miles!!!) on the 14-disc Superman Ultimate DVD box set....which sadly they tell me is still ETA TBD from the vendor. Oh well.

Okay...now on to my comic book retreat.....

No comments:

A bit of house-cleaning

So I've decided to do a little bit of refresh on my blog, seeing as technology has improved a little bit since my last post. As for my ...