Thursday, September 29, 2005

One-minute celebrations!!

3:40 p.m.

At MCC (the church that we go to), there is a tradition where - at the beginning of the service - anyone with anything to celebrate stands up and says 3-4 words to that effect. Then applause once everyone has had their turn.

If we had gone to MCC last Sunday, I would've broken the word limit.

"Passed exam! Bought a house! Selling a house!"

Yep - finally passed that dreaded PMP Certification Exam on Friday, Sept. 23. Used up the whole 4-hour time limit too....3 hours and a bit to answer everything, and the rest to review what I marked. Literally finished review with seconds to spare. That's certainly one exam I won't look forward to taking again. Now at least I can read other stuff after work now. Stargate Atlantis, here I come!!

Then did I mention that we bought a house just the night before the exam? Yep, there's that too. Pick your stressors, I always said, but *man* this was right up there. Wonderful drama, too. One thing I'll never forget that night is the sight of their agent walking out in the rain (turned out he quit, but our agent - bless him - convinced him to go back and stick with it). It was the poor guy's first transaction, as it turns out. ("Poor" guy?!? He sold a million dollar property the next day!)

And, of course, we had to start working on selling the condo right away. So it was declutter time! Had to haul stuff to rental storage just so we can bring down some stuff.

....Did I mention we're leaving for our honeymoon next week? Yep.

The good thing is, we had an agents' open house today. We've now got 6 appointments lined up soon after, with an open house over the weekend. Looking good so far. Of course, this makes working from home tomorrow a bit tricky. It will be like working in a museum (no fingerprints allowed!)

No comments:

A bit of house-cleaning

So I've decided to do a little bit of refresh on my blog, seeing as technology has improved a little bit since my last post. As for my ...