Thursday, September 15, 2005

Perspectives

12:12 p.m.

This morning while driving to work, I saw a panhandler making her car-to-car stops underneath the Gardiner. Funny thing was, she was perky, smiley, basically being very pleasant and cordial as she walked about. Sad to say, she even looked happier than a lot of folks both in my personal and work life that have so much in their lives. If she can be so happy under her circumstances, I thought to myself, then what is it that makes it harder for us to be in the same frame of mind? We who have roofs over our heads and food in our stomachs?

I know I'm at fault at times, but we do tend to forget what is important in our lives. Sure, we can bitch about how things are going so bad in various aspects of our lives, but we do have to remember that nothing in life is perfect. We are all born with the tools to withstand struggles in our lives because these struggles will come inevitably. The question is, do we use these tools to cope, or do we throw our hands up in the air and wail about how unfortunate we are?

Remind me to read this post again when I feel like crap. I just hope that the girl I saw this morning realizes that she may have actually given more to other people than whatever she got from them.

No comments:

A bit of house-cleaning

So I've decided to do a little bit of refresh on my blog, seeing as technology has improved a little bit since my last post. As for my ...