Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Happy 4th (again!!)

4:40 p.m.

Well, last night didn't really go as planned. Le Petit Dejeuner was closed due to a power problem...making this the 4th or 5th time we've planned to have dinner there and it just wasn't meant to be (other times there was a private function, they closed early, they weren't open for dinner that night). Considering that the 15th is the 4th anniversary of our first date, then we will try again tomorrow night. The schedule says they're open until 10 p.m., so at least we won't feel rushed.

Today felt like a blah day. Interestingly enough, I had some pre-work to do for "Managers Making Connections", a course for (you guessed it) Managers. In there was a self-assessment checklist, asking what my motivations are. And unsurprisingly enough, I'm a "go-to-work-for-paycheck" kinda guy. Surprisingly, this is supposed to be indicative of stress. Hmm. And here I thought that having that kind of detached attitude is supposed to help diffuse stress.

Looking forward to a quiet night.

7:06 p.m.

How to make a happy song happier? Make it faster!! I got my CD-Single of "Seasons of Love" tonight and it has a few good mixes. I will listen to it on the way to work tomorrow, but for those who wonder what it sounds like, check out www.amazon.ca and look up the disc. There are track samples there.

Speaking of the song, do you know how happy I was to sing it at the concert? Also, I was doing my Gollum impression during the Bagatelle. Don't ask.

I'm so glad that someone actually heard it over the speakers. I'll definitely try and keep my ears open when we get our DVD. Can't wait. Precioussss DVD....yesssss......

No comments:

A bit of house-cleaning

So I've decided to do a little bit of refresh on my blog, seeing as technology has improved a little bit since my last post. As for my ...