Friday, April 21, 2006

If I were a government employee....

...do I get a 10% discount off my tax owing this year? As a bank employee, I get really good benefits like discounted rates and all that. But I'm owing quite a bit of money this year to the government and the thought crossed my mind. Something like "government employees get a 50% discount if they pay their tax owing before April 1st".

Working from home today but I'm planning to step out to go to the bank to pay up. That's why this crossed my mind. Just really lucky that my bank is right around the corner - so convenient.

We finished painting the main floor of our house this week and I gotta say that it looks great (short of a few touch-ups here and there). I think we'll take a break from doing house work and do some fun stuff (like shopping for furniture). We're celebrating the hubby's birthday here with my family on May 13, so we're hoping to have the place in good shape for visitors by then.

Well, leaving in a few minutes. Then I better get some real work done.

No comments:

A bit of house-cleaning

So I've decided to do a little bit of refresh on my blog, seeing as technology has improved a little bit since my last post. As for my ...